Standing Rock Renewable Energy Power Authority - SAGE
SAGE, “Strategic Advancement Goals for the Environment”, provides renewable and sustainable energy resources in balance with Natural Law to recognize the interconnectedness of all living things.
The Standing Rock (“SAGE”) Renewable Energy Power Authority acts as a Public Power Authority (PPA) that will control and operate all the energy production assets within the reservation. SAGE institutionalizes SRST’s involvement in renewable energy projects, facilitates agreements with third-party entities, and holds Standing Rock’s equity interest.
SAGE Core Values:
- Wisdom Natural Law ― the respect of the balance of all living things
- Respect Tate Topa (four winds) ― the winds each bring different aspects that give life
- Caring/Compassion 7 generations/good ancestors mindset ― make sound decisions that will have a positive impact to our relatives in 500 years
- Fortitude/Bravery Protecting ― local control and ownership respect for SRST law and individual land ownership
- Generosity To be equitable ― to give a fair return on revenue and fair pricing for energy to our customers
- Humility Leadership ― be willing to listen, learn and lead to build community
- Honesty Fiscally responsible ― follow general accounting principles and work within the APPA standards for public power
We are looking for a full-time, on-site Office Manager to join our growing organization! The Office Manager is responsible for office operations and managing administrative duties to ensure a professional, diplomatic work environment and high level of organizational effectiveness. This position will also support the executive team with administrative tasks. Top essential functions and duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee task coordination and manage daily operations of the office.
- Welcome visitors and identify the purpose of their visit to determine the appropriate department to address their inquiry or request.
- Provide clerical support when needed to assist staff with assigned administrative duties such as triaging phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, data entry, transcriptions, preparing and proofreading documents.
- Navigate digital document management software to request electronic signatures and authentication services.
- Calendar management and scheduling meetings, appointments, and reminders in alignment with the availability and priorities of the organization.
- Respond to phone and in-person inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain records in accordance with compliance requirements and implement an efficient system for other staff to access files and records.
- Maintain inventory and organization of office supplies; order new supplies as needed.
- Perform or facilitate maintenance of office equipment including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have meticulous organization, time management, problem-solving skills, and emotional intelligence. They will also have a bachelor’s degree with at least two (2) years of experience as an Office Manager, Executive Assistant or similar role, or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Our candidate will also embody the following skills, abilities and values:
- On-site presence in Standing Rock will be required.
- Prioritization methods creating processes to effectively meet deadlines and deliverable requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrable clerical and customer service skills including computer literacy, typing, proofreading, data entry, transcriptions, event planning, and project coordination.
- Proficiency in project management software (such as Asana), DocuSign, Microsoft Suite, and Google Suite.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently and as part of a dynamic, interdependent team.
- Resilient and able to recover quickly from setbacks.
- Able to coordinate with all members of the team at all levels of the program.
- Experience and understanding working with Lakota/Dakota and Native American-centered content (preferred).
- Experience with bookkeeping, accounting software, and budget management (preferred).
- Preference is extended to Native American candidates.
The Office Manager role is a full-time, on-site position with presence required during operating hours in Standing Rock/Bismarck, North Dakota. This position will be compensated at an annual range between $60,000 and $70,000 and is commensurate with experience, skills, qualifications, and schedule.
SAGE places importance on the value of supporting employees with a comprehensive total benefit package. The following benefits are available after completing the introductory period:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off, Holidays, & Spiritual Leave
- Financial contributions for professional development
- Financial contributions for Lakota/Dakota language and cultural development
If you are someone who aligns with SAGE values and is eager to contribute to their mission through your passion for initiatives that support the sustainable development of the Lakota/Dakota Native nation, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Within your cover letter, please share with us why you feel your background fits well in this position.
SAGE complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please message us through the portal with your application.
SAGE and Gorge HR have partnered up in the recruitment efforts of this position.