Standing Rock Renewable Energy Power Authority - SAGE
SAGE, “Strategic Advancement Goals for the Environment”, provides renewable and sustainable energy resources in balance with Natural Law to recognize the interconnectedness of all living things.
The Standing Rock (“SAGE”) Renewable Energy Power Authority acts as a Public Power Authority (PPA) that will control and operate all the energy production assets within the reservation. SAGE institutionalizes SRST’s involvement in renewable energy projects, facilitates agreements with third-party entities, and holds Standing Rock’ s equity interest.
SAGE Core Values:
- Wisdom Natural Law ― the respect of the balance of all living things
- Respect Tate Topa (four winds) ― the winds each bring different aspects that give life
- Caring/Compassion 7 generations/good ancestors mindset ― make sound decisions that will have a positive impact to our relatives in 500 years
- Fortitude/Bravery Protecting ― local control and ownership respect for SRST law and individual land ownership
- Generosity To be equitable ― to give a fair return on revenue and fair pricing for energy to our customers
- Humility Leadership ― be willing to listen, learn and lead to build community
- Honesty Fiscally responsible ― follow general accounting principles and work within the APPA standards for public power
We are looking for a Development Manager to join our growing organization! This position will initially be part-time with an opportunity to transition into full-time and will require an on-site presence in the community and is responsible for identifying and responding to grants, content writing, relationship development, and fundraising efforts. Top essential functions and duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement fundraising campaigns and events that align with the organization's mission and goals, and support the needs of the Standing Rock Nation.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors and supporters, and identify new opportunities for fundraising and donor engagement.
- Write grant proposals and oversee grant applications, ensuring compliance with all applicable requirements and deadlines.
- Develop and manage the organization's donor database, ensuring it is accurate, up-to-date, and compliant with privacy regulations.
- Develop and implement stewardship plans for donors and supporters, ensuring they feel appreciated and engaged in the organization's work.
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities that could support community engagement projects, strengthen communities, and equitably support and invest in the surrounding communities.
- Identify target audiences and execute strategies to effectively engage them – including key SAGE stakeholders (investors, nonprofit partners, corporate partners and/or Tribal/federal government offices), eternal constituents (e.g. the wider community of Standing Rock), and wider general public.
Our ideal candidate will exhibit a keen sense of self-awareness, emotional intelligence, collaborative and diligent qualities. This person will be experienced with and eager to establish relationships in the community and develop Lakota/Dakota and Native American-centered content that helps build brand awareness and engagement. Our candidate will embody the following skills, abilities and values:
- 3-5 years’ experience developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully and professionally develop and articulate messaging on behalf of SAGE.
- A creative thinker with captivating and engaging writing skills and ability to accurately collect, review and synthesize information, then disseminate into succinct and meaningful formats.
- Meticulous organizational and prioritization methods to work effectively to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently and as part of a dynamic, interdependent team with the ability to coordinate with all members of the team at all levels of the program.
- Resilient and able to recover quickly from setbacks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, good team spirit and thrive on supporting each other to achieve the best result possible regarding work assignments, teamwork, and company mission.
- Preference will be given to candidates of American Indian heritage.
The Development Manager role is an hybrid position with frequently required engagement activities and events in and around Standing Rock/ Bismarck, North Dakota. Presence in Standing Rock will be required at least once a quarter, or more as needed. The role will begin on a part-time schedule with a possibility of transitioning to a full-time schedule in the future.
Compensation ranges between $50,000 and $60,000 annually and is commensurate with experience, skills, qualifications, and schedule.
SAGE places importance on the value of supporting employees with a comprehensive total benefit package. The following benefits are available after completing the introductory period:
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off, Holidays, & Spiritual Leave
- Financial contributions for professional development
- Financial contributions for Lakota/Dakota language and cultural development
If you are someone who seeks community engagement and advocacy, aligns with SAGE values, and is eager to contribute to their mission through creative communication and relationship building, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Within your cover letter, please share with us why you feel your background fits well in this position.
SAGE complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please message us through the portal with your application.
SAGE and Gorge HR have partnered up in the recruitment efforts of this position.