Standing Rock Renewable Energy Power Authority - SAGE
SAGE, “Strategic Advancement Goals for the Environment”, provides renewable and sustainable energy resources in balance with Natural Law to recognize the interconnectedness of all living things.
The Standing Rock (“SAGE”) Renewable Energy Power Authority acts as a Public Power Authority (PPA) that will control and operate all the energy production assets within the reservation. SAGE institutionalizes SRST’s involvement in renewable energy projects, facilitates agreements with third-party entities, and holds Standing Rock’s equity interest.
SAGE Core Values:
· Wisdom Natural Law ― the respect of the balance of all living things
· Respect Tate Topa (four winds) ― the winds each bring different aspects that give life
· Caring/Compassion 7 generations/good ancestors mindset ― make sound decisions that will have a positive impact to our relatives in 500 years
· Fortitude/Bravery Protecting ― local control and ownership respect for SRST law and individual land ownership
· Generosity To be equitable ― to give a fair return on revenue and fair pricing for energy to our customers
· Humility Leadership ― be willing to listen, learn and lead to build community
· Honesty Fiscally responsible ― follow general accounting principals and work within the APPA standards for public power
The Project Developer is responsible for managing, permitting, contracting, and the budget as project needs are assigned. The Project Developer will oversee the contracting process, and manage various contractors and subcontractors as well as associated timelines.
Top essential functions and duties include but are not limited to:
Project Life Cycle
● Anpetu Wi Wind Farm Project:
- Expand knowledge of sustainable energy components in the current market.
- Build relationships with consulting firms to develop a plan through the completion of "Notice to Proceed to Construction."
- Provide financial, technical, and analytical support in policy and project development.
- Practice risk analysis techniques to reduce the potential for threats to successful project completion.
● Electric Vehicle, Solar, and other projects as needed:
- Assign tasks to others to keep the project moving forward on schedule.
- Track task progress.
- Regularly update Project Management tools.
- Serve as the liaison between SAGE and technicians/contractors and report on progress to stakeholders.
- Identify internal and external resource requirements and coordinate with consulting firms to develop a plan through completion and pre-commissioning.
- Support efforts towards future grant procurement.
● Continuously review the budget for cost-savings opportunities.
● Leverage network relationships to reduce costs.
● Work diligently to stay within the project budget.
● Lead the initiative on the Anepetu Wi Wind Farm in developing a business plan and economic analysis focused on zero waste and sustainability.
● Increase business development and growth by exploring new markets of opportunity and capitalizing on existing relationships to expand programs.
● Prepare project financial forecasts, projected business development activities and actions, and participate in net-new and existing business growth activities.
● Federal grant management and reporting.
Our ideal candidate will bring a strategic, “can-do” approach to their work. They will also have at least two years of experience in providing technical advisory service, and a combination of six (6) years of demonstrated experience on the job in larger energy-related projects with high school diploma or two (2) years of demonstrated experience in large energy related projects with Bachelors degree in engineering or other related technical four-year degree.
Our candidate will also embody the following skills, abilities and values:
● Communication - Effective, clear and concise communication throughout all levels of the organization.
● Project completion – Strong desire and ability to ensure all elements of the project are present and complete.
● Project management – Exercise outstanding organizational and project management skills to ensure all steps of the project are on track, within budget and consistently moving through to the completion stages.
● Flexibility – Plans a few steps ahead to account for unplanned changes and adapts to change with a new plan quickly.
● Teamwork - Interact productively with a team and play to each person’s strengths.
● Business development – Ability to identify and establish trusting relationships within key network.
● Fiscal responsibility – Exercise a fiscally conservative approach.
● Deadline oriented – Works consistently through deadlines.
● Judgment - Use sound judgment to work through complex situations.
● Preference is extended to Native American candidates.
The Project Developer role is a hybrid position requiring an on-site presence at the SAGE office in Fort Yates/Standing Rock, North Dakota. Compensation will be offered at a range of $65,000 - $80,000 annually and is dependent on experience, skills, and qualifications.
Health insurance and retirement benefits are available after completing the introductory period.
If you are someone who seeks a hybrid/flexible work arrangement, aligns with SAGE values, and is eager to contribute to their mission through your passion for sustainable energy for the Lakota/Dakota Native nation, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Within your cover letter, please share with us why you feel your background fits well in this position.
SAGE complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please message us through the portal with your application.
SAGE and Gorge HR have partnered up in the recruitment efforts of this position.