Marketing Outreach Specialist
SAGE, “Strategic Advancement Goals for the Environment”, provides renewable and sustainable energy resources in balance with Natural Law to recognize the interconnectedness of all living things.
The Standing Rock (“SAGE”) Renewable Energy Power Authority acts as a Public Power Authority (PPA) that will control and operate all the energy production assets within the reservation. SAGE institutionalizes SRST’s involvement in renewable energy projects, facilitates agreements with third-party entities, and holds Standing Rock’s equity interest.
SAGE Core Values:
- Wisdom Natural Law ― the respect of the balance of all living things
- Respect Tate Topa (four winds) ― the winds each bring different aspects that give life
- Caring/Compassion 7 generations/good ancestors mindset ― make sound decisions that will have a positive impact to our relatives in 500 years
- Fortitude/Bravery Protecting ― local control and ownership respect for SRST law and individual land ownership
- Generosity To be equitable ― to give a fair return on revenue and fair pricing for energy to our customers
- Humility Leadership ― be willing to listen, learn and lead to build community
- Honesty Fiscally responsible ― follow general accounting principals and work within the APPA standards for public power
We are looking for a Marketing Outreach Specialist to join our growing organization! This position will be an essential support to the Communications and Development Director will be responsible for implementing the Communications plan as well as developing and executing community outreach events. Top essential functions and duties include but are not limited to:
- Support and implement communications strategy plan developed by Communications and Development Director.
- Take an ownership approach to the promotion and informing of target audiences about SAGE through execution of marketing and promotional services for community events and programs.
- Undertake planning and execution of outreach events for local community.
- Create copy, digital content creation, and media outreach in support of SAGE’s goals, identity, and message.
- Assist Communications and Development Director with identifying target audiences and creating strategies to effectively engage them – including key SAGE stakeholders (investors, nonprofit partners, corporate partners, and/or Tribal/federal government offices), eternal constituents (e.g. the wider community of Standing Rock), and the wider general public.
- Plan marketing initiatives in alignment with the annual department budget.
Our ideal candidate will be a people person with a keen sense of self-awareness, high emotional intelligence, collaborative and diligent. This person will also be experienced with and be eager to develop Lakota/Dakota and Native American-centered content that helps build brand awareness and engagement through social media initiatives and outreach events. Our candidate will also embody the following skills, abilities, and values:
- Upbeat personality & persistence with resilience and the ability to bounce back from setbacks.
- Good team spirit and thrives on supporting each other to achieve our best.
- A passion and genuine interest in utilizing the unique opportunities to expand reach and awareness through social media platforms.
- 3-5 years’ experience implementing marketing and communication initiatives and plans by developing tone and persona-aligned content.
- Demonstratable experience with developing and executing community outreach events.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully and professionally craft content and responses on behalf of SAGE.
- Self-starter and able to prioritize tasks and manage a hybrid remote/onsite working schedule.
- Enjoys working with internal team as well as people in the community.
- Meticulous organizational methods.
- Creative thinker with captivating and engaging writing skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates of American Indian heritage.
The Marketing Outreach Specialist role is a remote/onsite position with frequent events in and around Standing Rock/ Bismarck, North Dakota. Compensation is dependent on experience and ranges between $40,000/yr to $45,000/yr.
Health insurance and retirement benefits are available after completing the introductory period.
If you are someone who seeks a remote work arrangement, aligns with SAGE values, and is eager to contribute to their mission through creative marketing and communication methods, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Within your cover letter, please share with us why you feel your background fits well in this position.
SAGE complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please message us through the portal with your application.
SAGE and Gorge HR have partnered up in the recruitment efforts of this position.