Communications & Development Director
SAGE, “Strategic Advancement Goals for the Environment”, provides renewable and sustainable energy resources in balance with Natural Law to recognize the interconnectedness of all living things.
The Standing Rock (“SAGE”) Renewable Energy Power Authority acts as a Public Power Authority (PPA) that will control and operate all the energy production assets within the reservation. SAGE institutionalizes SRST’s involvement in renewable energy projects, facilitates agreements with third-party entities, and holds Standing Rock’s equity interest.
SAGE Core Values:
· Wisdom Natural Law ― the respect of the balance of all living things
· Respect Tate Topa (four winds) ― the winds each bring different aspects that give life
· Caring/Compassion 7 generations/good ancestors mindset ― make sound decisions that will have a positive impact to our relatives in 500 years
· Fortitude/Bravery Protecting ― local control and ownership respect for SRST law and individual land ownership
· Generosity To be equitable ― to give a fair return on revenue and fair pricing for energy to our customers
· Humility Leadership ― be willing to listen, learn and lead to build community
· Honesty Fiscally responsible ― follow general accounting principals and work within the APPA standards for public power
We are looking for a Communications & Development Director to join our growing organization! This position will be an essential leadership role ultimately responsible for handling both internal and external organizational communications, including team fundraising efforts. Top essential functions and duties include but are not limited to:
· Develop and maintain a cohesive and comprehensible communications strategy.
· Direct the consistent communication and promotion of SAGE’s goals, including copy and message development, digital content creation and media outreach.
· Ensure all content aligns with SAGE’s identity and message.
· Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them – including key SAGE stakeholders (investors, nonprofit partners, corporate partners and/or Tribal/federal government offices), eternal constituents (e.g. the wider community of Standing Rock), and wider general public.
· Develop an annual department budget and manage to that budget.
· Overseeing a multi-functional communications team, as well as the production of content that engages both organizational stakeholders and the wider public.
Our ideal candidate will have a keen sense of self awareness and emotional intelligence, collaborative and diligent. This person will also be experienced with and be eager to develop Lakota/Dakota and Native American-centered content that helps build brand awareness and engagement. Our candidate will also embody the following skills, abilities and values:
· A passion and genuine interest in how to maximize each social media channel for its unique purpose.
· 7-10 years’ experience developing marketing and communication strategies, plans including implementation.
· Demonstratable experience with developing and managing marketing budgets.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully and professionally craft posts and responses on behalf of SAGE.
· Self-starter and able to prioritize tasks and manage a flexible and remote working schedule.
· Meticulous organizational methods.
· A creative thinker with captivating and engaging writing skills.
· Preference will be given to candidates of American Indian heritage.
Communications & Development Director role is a remote position with occasional travel to SAGE office in Fort Yates/Standing Rock, North Dakota. Compensation is dependent on experience and ranges between $68,000/yr to $73,000/yr.
Health insurance and retirement benefits are available after completing the introductory period.
If you are someone who seeks a remote work arrangement, aligns with SAGE values, and is eager to contribute to their mission through creative marketing and communication methods, please apply with your resume and cover letter. Within your cover letter, please share with us why you feel your background fits well in this position.
SAGE complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please message us through the portal with your application.
SAGE and Gorge HR have partnered up in the recruitment efforts of this position.